Trivial things that have annoyed me in the last few days:
1. WBJ
Eastern-suburbs wank-speak for Westfield Bondi Junction. WBJ annoyed me on a couple of levels. Firstly, they have possibly the worst parking lot I have ever parked in. Having lived in a number of different countries and experienced a number of different parking lots, I don't make that claim lightly. Secondly, their stores are crap. I went to get an iPod. I had a Myer voucher and a whole lotta cash... I was excited that I was finally going to get myself an iPod.
Myer was out of stock.
So I went to Harvey Norman. I had enough cash, I figured I'd use the Myer voucher for something else. Accessories maybe.
Harvey Norman was out of stock.
Nowhere else in WBJ stocked iPods.
Grrrrrrr.
So I left.
Or should I say tried to leave. WBJ has one of those stupid parking lots where you have to pay for your ticket beforehand. However they don't tell you this until you're pretty much at the boom gate.
So I had to zip around, try and find another park, then trek across to the machines. The sign on the machine said that anything under 2 hours was free. I'd only been there 30 minutes.
Jeez Louise.
I burst into tears and sniffled all the way home.
2. Who Magazine
One of my flatties buys Who each week... she left Friday's edition out so I could read it last night which was very nice of her.
However.
In the "what to watch on TV this week" section they had a blurb about tomorrow night's episode of The Biggest Loser. They showed a photo of some of the "eliminated" contestants and said one of them would get a second chance.
Trouble was, one of the "eliminated" contestants has yet to be eliminated. This contestant was below the yellow line on Friday night, but we won't find out until tonight which contestant goes.
Unless, like me, you've seen the latest Who magazine. Thanks a lot for ruining it guys.
3. My boys
They got whipped. Bugger. Bugger, bugger, bugger.
4. Non-responsiveness
Some of my friends have been along to see my show. Most of them have at least stuck around to say hello afterwards (it takes me about five minutes to get changed and head upstairs to the bar) but a couple of them have just disappeared without a word. Rude.
Some of them have not even bothered turning up at all even when they're booked in.
And haven't even bothered calling or texting to cancel so we can resell the tickets.
Rude.
I'm also annoyed by people who don't return messages (phone, text or otherwise) in general. It only takes a second.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Anyway, that's enough whinging. I'm going home to watch TBL, even though I know who's getting eliminated.
x
10 comments:
U got a voucher eh? Ah well, otherwise I'd suggest getting it off Apple directly. It's the same price and postage is free _and_ they engrave it for you for free.
I bought mine off their website.
It was almost a given anyway, wasn't it? IMHO it's a real shame, but I knew he wouldn't last.
The rest of the week looks like it's a doozie, however! They really open a can o' whoop-ass on the remaining three! Especially Kristie!
Ha - it may not be fair, but it'll make for some juicy viewing!
(And did you notice that Tracy is the only one who didn't return? Fan-frickin'-tastic. I wonder why. She was probably still cut with them all and having her hissy fit. I'm just glad I don't have to listen to her bitching and moaning again. And the looks on Jillian & Bob's faces when they see everyone in the loungeroom again! Priceless! This is gonna be great.)
chai - Brilliant idea... and I have just ordered it! Very excited. I figure I'll put the Myer voucher towards accessories... they seemed to have plenty of them in stock.
bevis - it is a shame - I would have liked him to be in the top three.
ohhhhh I can't wait to see the showdown with Jo and Kristie... Jo has the look of a woman possessed. I'm actually disappointed Tracy isn't there - I would have liked her and Jo to scratch each other's eyes out.
What a change from the US series. Everyone there was (mostly) nice!
dxxxx - I got the 30GB video iPod. Holds 7,000 songs. It was only $90 more than the biggest iPod nano which only held 1,000 songs. Considering I have somewhere in the line of 250-300 CDs I'll want to upload, I figured the $90 extra was worth it.
BTW, did you see the massive post I did last Monday on 'TBL'?
I too was torn between the 30Gb video and the nano. But I went for physical size instead of disk size. I love my nano but have sent it back for repair cos the battery life was getting really bad. I miss my nano.
Querying the price of technology is never bad etiquette dxxxx...
I paid $449.
And yes bevis, I did see your post last Monday - did I put a comment on there? I think I tried but my Unwired conked out (I hate Unwired) and I couldn't quite remember the witty comment I had written.
chai, i heard bad things about the nano so decided to go bigger. I figure its half the size and weight of my discman so its gotta be better. And if I can watch movies then I am a happy apple-er.
No worries; I didn't mean that I was expecting a comment from you, but given the topic, I just hoped you'd seen it. :)
M_M sorry, I meant to get here earlier in the week and give it to your mob.
But I'm not really that kinda guy, specially since they beat the cats today, good effort that.
I was wondering if/when I'd be getting a serve from you clokeeeey! Well done on your effort today... I did pick you in my tips and as Cotton's boys also came through with a win yesterday my tipping came out nicely at 6. I have to admit I picked the Blues over the Swans... wanted to spice things up a bit.
Post a Comment