Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Today's Random Observations

1. Bestie Lulu has been on tour forever. I miss her and want her to come home soon.

2. Friday is the birthday of Bestie Ems. Happy Birthday girl! How is the new house in Antwerp? Has my guest bedroom been painted in the citrus colours I requested?

3. Geoffrey Rush fans are a horrid lot. You'd think if you were such a big fan you would have booked a ticket to his show in advance and not turn up at the theatre on the day with 50 other people to queue for one of a handful of return tickets and then get abusive to the box office staff when you miss out.

4. It's amazing how subscribers' death-bed type illnesses magically disappear when you tell them the entire seasons of Exit the King and Keating! are sold out and they cannot exchange their tickets to another night.

5. It is clearly time for me to stop working in the customer service industry when my standard responses to the following questions are thus:

Customer: "So the only seats you have are right to the side/up the back/standing room only? Can't I get something in the centre?"
M_M: "Beggars can't be choosers."

Customer: "But I just want two tickets. Are you sure you only have one?"
M_M: "Firstly, 'just' is not two. And no, I'm not sure that there's only one - I 'just' thought I'd make that up to annoy you."

Customer: "But I promised my dad / mum / brother / lover / friend / whatever that I'd get tickets for this show and its sold out - what am I going to tell them?"
M_M: "How about 'I'm a disorganised, lying, useless dickhead' for starters?"

Customer: "This is a tragedy!"
M_M: "Yes. I'm sure that starving children in Africa or people who lost their homes in the tsunami would agree with you. Would you like to purchase a bit of perspective?"

If I don't get sacked for sheer insolence in the next couple of weeks it will be a miracle.

6. I'm not quite as addicted to facebook as I was. This is good.

7. I can't believe I waited until #7 for this... MY BELOVED BOYS ARE SECOND ON THE LADDER! Go you Hawkies. Should I book my flight down for the grand final now, or is that being a bit eager?

8. The new series of Doctor Who starts on Saturday. I'm very excited about it.

9. Has anyone else read the book "For Esme - With Love and Squalor" by JD Salinger? I found it when I was back in Adders and the mater set me the task of sorting out the pater's old books. It is quite an intriguing read and I wouldn't mind having a bit of a book discussion group with someone about it.

10. I think ten is a good number to stop on. I need to go and plan what I'm going to cook for the boy tomorrow night. Its the first time I'm cooking dinner for him and he's quite sceptical about my culinary habits given he's only seen me burn toast thus far. I need to impress.

xox

2 comments:

Melba said...

all goodness there. especially number 7. but i can be magnanimous about that because my boys are at number 1. heading to game tomorrow down at the cold geelongish place. not sure whether to be happy or disappointed that my nemesis barry hall isn't playing.

wish them luck.

also, happy cooking. full report required when you can manage it.

yay you.

x

Melba said...

ps we are going to be os for grand final. not sure whether to hope they make it but i have to miss it, or hope they make it next year??

also, clokey is i think having similar thoughts.

but between you and me, i don't want collingwood in. you know how it is.