Monday, March 30, 2009

Dear Mr Sony

Dear Mr Sony (@playstation.com)

My new friend Amy and I have come up with a gap in your popular Singstar market.

Not that either of us actually own a Playstation or Singstar, but that's irrelevant.

We're quite surprised that you've not cottoned on to this as an idea yet.  Or perhaps you have, but have found it too difficult to get the rights.  In any case, we'd like to run the idea past you, just in case.

Our idea?

Movie Songs SingStar.

Now we realise that there is a Disney SingStar, but that's Disney.  And we're talking classic movie songs.

Wouldn't it be so much fun to be able to belt out some of the following tunes and be scored on your ability (or lack of):

- The Power of Love - Huey Lewis & The News (Back To The Future)

- I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston (The Bodyguard)

- When The Going Gets Tough - Billy Ocean (The Jewel of the Nile)

- My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion (Titanic)

- Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds (The Breakfast Club)

- If You Leave - OMD (Pretty in Pink)

- Goonies R Good Enough - Cyndi Lauper (The Goonies)

- I've Had The Time Of My Life - Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes (Dirty Dancing)

- Footloose - Kenny Loggins (Footloose)

- Flashdance (What A Feeling) - Irene Cara (Flashdance)

- Fame - Irene Cara (Fame)

- Take My Breath Away - Berlin (Top Gun)

- Movin' Right Along - Kermit & Fozzie (The Muppet Movie)

- Never Ending Story - Limahl (The Never Ending Story)

- Together in Electric Dreams - Giorgio Moroder (Electric Dreams)

- Mrs Robinson - Simon & Garfunkel (The Graduate)

- Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head - BJ Thomas (Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid)

- Nothin's Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship (Mannequin)

- There Are Worse Things I Could Do - Stockard Channing (Grease)

- Cool Rider - Michelle Pfeiffer (Grease 2)


And that's just for starters.

I realise that a high proportion of the above listed are from 80's films, but I'm sure your fine research team will be able to uncover many more from other decades.

Anyway. Think about it Mr Sony. Amy and I reckon it would be tops. Hell I'd even contemplate purchasing a Playstation if you went ahead with it.

Yours in singing,

magical_m







3 comments:

elaine said...

dear Magical_M,

I love this letters series. If I ever sang, I would be with you on this SingStar thing.

love,

elaine

Melba said...

I'm signing up as well. And I have been "known" to "do" Singstar.

magical_m said...

Well with 3 of us we could probably belt out a pretty good version of Banarama's "Cruel Summer" (used in Karate Kid).

Bags me being Keren Woodward!

x