This week has been a disturbing one, from a dream perspective anyway.
Remember this post from a couple of weeks ago? Until I sat down to write this particular post I didn't remember it, but then looking at my list it all came crashing back. That post is where it all started.
Perhaps my inner psyche thought I was being a bit harsh on Hugh in that post. I wasn't, honestly. I do like the chap. Really. Just not THAT way.
But a few nights ago I had a rather vivid dream in which I was out to dinner with Hugh Grant. Yes. He of the previous post. And throughout dinner, which was with a nameless, faceless couple, Hugh continously referred to me as his wife. I kept correcting him, telling him that no, I wasn't his wife, we weren't married, nor would we ever be because, frankly, I just didn't fancy him. But he kept insisting.
Then he kept trying to buy me clothes. And I refused, saying that there was nothing wrong with my wardrobe and if I wanted to buy clothes I would use my own money thank you very much. In a nice way though, I wasn't rude. I didn't want to hurt his feelings or anything.
Then I woke up. But remembered the dream quite lucidly and was ever so slightly disturbed by what it could mean, so related it to my flatmate hoping for some insight. She collapsed with laughter and said obviously my subconscious must fancy him.
Yesterday morning I was walking through the village* to work and passed a shop which was playing a catchy little number which stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Or at least the chorus did. Over and over it played in my head - I couldn't get rid of it. Drove me bonkers. But I couldn't place the tune or who sang it.
Can you guess where this is going?
Here's a snippet:
"I said I wasn't gonna lose my head. But then pop! (pop!) goes my heart."
I know, its heinous. Even without the music it sounds terrible. And it stayed in my head for the whole day. You can imagine how horrific that was.
So I came home and complained to my flatmate about this mystery song and sang her the line above. Being the practical wonder that she is, she immediately checked Google and discovered that the song is actually from the movie Music & Lyrics.
And is sung by none other than...
Yep. You guessed it.
What. The. Fecking. FECK.
I'm being subconsciously stalked by Hugh Grant.
There's no other explanation for it.
* The main streets of Yarraville. Commonly referred to as "the village" by those of us lucky enough to live here.
2 comments:
Off topic but who (in their right mind) would want to be an actor??? :-)
http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2010/02/guys-are-not-going-to-want-to-fk-her.html
Yep. That about sums it up for anything... film, tv, theatre. Although in theatre its a little more nepotistic and the sponsors have less of a say.
Precisely why I'm never going to Hollywood. It's a mugs' game.
They should print this out and hand it to every drama school auditionee...
Post a Comment