When I say "current faves", that's exactly what I mean because they're entitled "Current Faves" and "Current Faves - Slow". These two playlists (which are regularly updated), are in addition to the "Classical", "Glee", "Spandau", "Carole, James & The Fab Four", "Train Tunes" and "Concentrators" playlists which also feature on fairly high rotation, depending on the activity.
But occasionally, just occasionally, I like to set my iPod to shuffle and see what gems out of the 7,313 songs currently on there it chooses to throw at me. Some days it's a right disappointment... I remember one day in particular every second song was John Mayer. Horrendous. I didn't even know I had his albums... I think I must have burned an old flatmate's CDs one day when I was burning every CD in sight.
Anyway.
This morning as I was setting off for the station, I decided to give shuffle a bit of a go. To be honest, I was getting mighty sick of Glee's versions of Beth and Poker Face. I needed to give them a rest before I boycotted them altogether. So I set it to shuffle and lo and behold, I was rewarded with some cracking numbers. To give you an idea of my eclectic musical taste, I thought I'd share them with you.
Firstly though, those of you unaware of my musical blog history might want to read up a bit.
OK. All caught up? Not too revolted by some of my favourite tunes? Great. So here we go.
The Great Shuffle of Monday 19 July 2010:
- Mother Nature's Son - Sheryl Crow (covering The Beatles - from the movie 'I Am Sam')
- Feelin' Alright - Huey Lewis (covering Joe Cocker - from the movie 'Duets')
- Skin Feeling - Crowded House
- Centrefold - J. Geils Band
- Young Americans - David Bowie
- Music is the Victim - Scissor Sisters
- Baggy Trousers - Madness
- Free to Decide - The Cranberries
- First Kiss - They Might Be Giants
- I Think We're Alone Now - Tiffany
- I'm Your Man - Wham
- Crazy Arms - Patsy Cline
- Rock With You - Michael Jackson
- First Cut Is the Deepest - Rod Stewart
- Mercy - Duffy
- Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell
- Walking on Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
- Viva Las Vegas - Elvis Presley
- You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly! - Peter Pan (from the Disney movie)
- In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins
- All Night Long - Lionel Richie
- Something in the Way She Moves - The Beatles
- Roads - Portishead
- Broken Wings - Mr Mister
- Orange Coloured Sky - Natalie Cole
So hands up who thinks that's a bit of a cracker list? Wait, I can't touch type with one arm in the air.
I'm inspired to utilise shuffle a bit more often.
Or turn this morning's shuffle into it's own playlist for frequent listening...
Anyway. It's late and I'm desperate for a bit of shut-eye. Nighty night!
No comments:
Post a Comment