Tuesday, September 14, 2010

We Apologise For The Temporary Loss of Transmission...

The author was fathoms deep in the stack of EastEnders DVDs sent by the Chain of K.

Huh? The Chain of what?

The Chain of K.

It goes like this:

Mum & Dad K in Queensland have Foxtel, with UKTV. Of course. They are, after all, expat Poms. They tape every episode of EastEnders on IQ, transfer them to DVD and then post them to daughter #3 in Adelaide.

Daughter #3 watches them, then passes them along to Daughter #2, also in Adelaide.

Daughter #2 watches them, posts them to me in Melbourne (I'm not sure if Daughter #1 watches them first, she might, but I'm not sure).

I shut myself away for hours and catch up with the goings on of the resident nutters, chavs and villains of Albert Square. Love it. There are certain things I really, REALLY miss about living in the UK. EastEnders is definitely in the Top 5, along with cumberland sausages, pear cider, M&S knickers and cheap flights to Ibiza. So I'm extremely grateful to the Chain of K that they include me in their DVD circle of love. But it does mean that little else gets done of an evening. Apart from crocheting.

Did I mention I'm doing lots of crocheting? There's a little project I'm working on which requires a lot of crocheting. Keep your eyes peeled Melbourne people.

Other than crocheting and Walford-watching there's not a whole heap going on.

Actually there is, if I stop and think.

I'm back doing The Artist's Way. I'm about to start week 4 and things are starting to happen.

The little business I set up a month or two ago is getting some clients. This whole writing for a career malarkey might just be a goer. I certainly hope so. I don't think I can last too much longer in the customer service sector... there really are some spectacularly stupid people in the world. I do wonder how people actually get through a whole day sometimes.

I'm currently reading Bret Easton Ellis' Imperial Bedrooms. The sequel to Less Than Zero. It's difficult to get into but I'm sure will be suitably sickening and enthralling once I've committed to it.

Fringe is about to start and I'm back at Trades for the duration. Stop by and say hi. Maybe see a show. If you're nice to me I may sell you a concession-priced ticket.

It's been a lovely sunny Spring day today so Kitty Lucy and I went for a little pedal. Then I made strawberry and coconut muffins. They were yum.

So what's news with you?








2 comments:

Chai said...

3 sisters? Do you think they cook with a cauldron of sorts?

Strawberry and coconut? They go well together?

Hope the new business gig goes well.

magical_m said...

He he he - no... they're all lovely (and I know one of them reads this blog so watch out - she might get offended!).

Strawberry and coconut are awesome together. Trés tasty.

Oooh and thanks! So far, so good!