The law of attraction is a remarkable thing... following on from yesterday's post about reconnecting with old friends, today I received a card and letter from a friend in Edinburgh.
A HANDWRITTEN LETTER.
Totes old school and just a wonderfully wonderful reminder of a gorgeous friend.
Lovely L, the wee Scottish lassie whom I met when she worked with me during the 2009 Melbourne Comedy Festival, is one of the sweetest, funniest and smartest people you could ever meet. We share a love of Doctor Who, Gin & Pinks, David Bowie, The Housemartins and fringe chopping. Amongst many other things.
We spent many a tipsy night dancing around Melbourne town before her visa expired and she headed back to the 'burgh.
I miss her.
And I love, love, LOVE that she misses me enough to send me a handwritten letter, enclosed inside a David-Tennant-Doctor-Who birthday card no less. Even though it's not my birthday for another two months. She couldn't wait that long apparently.
Bless. Her. Cotton. Socks.
x
No comments:
Post a Comment