Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Absolute. Frickin. Pants." aka "Blogging Will Not Get A Book Written..."

One of the TBAs (Two Blonde Amazons) has just suggested "Absolute. Frickin. Pants." as the title of my book. I like it.

The subtitle will probably be "Blogging Will Not Get A Book Written".

Which pretty much sums up for me how successful I feel these past five days have been in getting me writing the book I've been banging on about for ages.

I've got a document full of ideas, starts and character outlines, but nothing concrete. Not even so much as a proper chapter.

Absolute. Frickin. Pants. indeed.

However, a thought has just occurred to me.

The one book I've read since I've been here in the Catskills is "Makeovers at the Beauty Counter of Happiness" by Ilene Bleckman.

It was a short read - 128 pages - most only containing a paragraph of information and some pictures. An adult's picture book if you will.

Maybe this is the type of book I need to start with, instead of trying to force myself into writing one massive novel. I have the attention span of a gnat, I am a typical Gemini and my mind flits from topic to topic with such rapid speed that even I have trouble keeping up at times. Blogging is actually the perfect writing outlet for me. So why not keep on in that vein with the book?

It's a good idea.

(I think.)

There I go second guessing myself again.

It's the best idea I've come up with so far.

I'll run with it and see what happens.


x

No comments: