This morning I heard Bianca Dye call Heath Ledger a "knob".
Fine, let's get this out of the way first. Yes, I was listening to Nova. So sue me for actually liking a bit of commercial radio. It may or may not interest you to know that I listen to other stations as well, including Triple J (I have a weird thing for Chris Taylor) and Mix 106.5 (their lunchtime 80s mix is great). Hell, I'll even flick over to the AM band on a weekend and listen to the commentary of an AFL game if none of the TV stations are showing my team play.
I can't stand radio snobs. My radio taste is diverse and those people who look down on others because of which radio station they listen to should be tied up and force fed John Laws and Alan Jones. I can't stand those two, by the way. Talkback bores me to tears but there's obviously a market for it and who am I to judge?
Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Bianca. Heath. Knob.
I like Bianca Dye. She's a funny girl. She call it like she sees it. She conceded to her colleague that Heath is a spunk, but said that didn't excuse the fact that he's a complete knob, a very unpleasant person in general and one of the most difficult interviewees she's ever had.
I have no idea whether Heath is a knob or not (and the likelihood of me ever meeting him and therefore forming an opinion is miniscule) but good on her for giving her opinion and not being beige. There's too much beige in this world.
Beige? De quoi parlez-vous?
Yes, you heard me. I'm sick of people being beige. People not being honest with themselves and others.
If you have an opinion on something then give it. If you don't like something or someone then say so. Don't feel like you have to like everything and everybody in this world. Your don't. Really. And everyone should be ok with that.
I'm not saying that we should be mean or nasty. There's no point in that. Just be honest. No one's into honesty anymore. I'll admit that my honesty is a bit blunt and sometimes what I say does get misinterpreted but I never intend it to be mean or nasty. I just know from harsh life experience that life is too short and you should be honest.
Be honest with yourself and honest with others.
Also, I'm a big advocate for changing your mind. On everything - people, places, career, choice of partner, food, objects, music, movies - the list is endless. And don't feel like you have to excuse yourself for it.
I change my mind frequently.
People I didn't rate much on the first meeting have turned out to be some of my dearest friends. Others I thought were fabulous on first impression turned out to be not the kind of people I want to spend time with.
I used to work for an investment bank in London and lived a pretty decadent lifestyle. Then I decided to become an actress, went to drama school and now live on my credit cards and earn roughly what I used to pay in tax. But I don't regret any of it.
Ten years ago I hated the colour pink. Now I love it.
I used to really dislike Jack Johnson's music. Now I really love it. Listening to Missy Higgins songs still makes me want to stick pins in my eyes however.
When I was a kid you couldn't pay me to eat fruit or vegetables. Now I crave the stuff.
I used to be terrified of saying "I love you". Now I say it to my nearest & dearest all the time. Its important - people need to feel loved. People need to know they're valued.
I used to worry that I was constantly rambling and going off on tangents... now I say deal with it. I'm not forcing you to listen to me (or read me, as the case may be).
Anyhow, my message today is simple. Pick a colour people. Any colour - bright as you like. Just don't be beige.
* trips as she falls down off her soapbox *
Love you all. Yes, even you.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment