So.
Two posts in two days. Golly. Don't get used to it or anything. I'm sure it won't last too long.
Last week at work, we received an amusingly entitled email to our general email address (you know the ones sent to mail@xyz.com or info@xyz.com which go to about ten different lackeys in the company who have the fun task of sorting and forwarding). We get amusing emails all the time. We get abusive ones too but I usually just delete those and consider it someone else's problem.
Anyway, this amusing email had to be shared. And I need to know if anyone else received it or whether we were the only ones privy to the honour.
The email was from rebelsport.com.au. I don't know who in our company had been ordering on the Rebel Sport site but I'd like to thank them for doing so, otherwise today's blog would not exist. Inspiration much.
Right.
Have I built it up enough for you yet? Are you sitting there screaming "just bollocking get on with it you stupid woman"?
I hear ya. Just don't get your expectations too high. Its not that funny, but it did tickle my funny bone.
The email was entitled:
Own a piece of Shane Warne from only $35.
Seriously. That was the subject of the email.
What on earth makes Rebel Sport think anyone would want a piece of Shane Warne? You don't know where the dirty bugger's been. And really. $35. That's just cruel. Surely he's worth at least $40, if only to his mum. Or Simone.
And what "piece" of him would you get for $35? A used thumb, worn out from constant text messaging? Or some other nasty piece that doesn't bear thinking about?
Gosh.
I think Rebel Sport needs to hire someone new to write the copy for their advertising emails.
2 comments:
Please sir. I want some...more? *refrains manfully from bursting into song and represses memories of playing Fagin in Year 11*
You played Fagin? I always wanted to play Bet. The same girl that beat me to the role of Brigitta in Sound of Music got that one too... beeeyatch.
Not that I'm bitter or anything.
Post a Comment