I was gunning for Gracie, but instead she's been named Piper. Piper Jamie. But that's cool - I can call her PJ. Or, I could continue to call her Gracie, but I can't afford the therapy bills that would ensue from me confusing the crap out of her.
I know I'm rambling, so I'll get you all up to speed.
"She" or "Her" is the baby girl I've just vicariously acquired through Bestie Paige. Piper was born happy, healthy and beautiful earlier this evening and I have become a Clayton's Auntie yet again.
Unfortunately Bestie Paige is not a watcher of Charmed, so is blissfully unaware of the inane questions she (and in time, Piper) has ahead of her. Jamie is the name of Daddy's brother, which I think is really sweet.*
If I had a digital camera I would show you photos of Miss Piper. Sadly I'm not that technologically equipped, so you'll have to take my word for it that she is the most gorgeous baby in the world.
*does the happy jig*
*double checks to make sure no one else is home to witness stupid happy jig*
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Oh and I've also just arrived home from seeing the much-touted, all-Russian (with surtitles), all-male, Chekov International Theatre Festival production of Twelfth Night.
Best. Shakespeare. Ever.
John Bell was in the audience. I hope he was taking notes.**
And last night I saw Antony & The Johnsons. He was ace. And, it turns out he's a fellow Little Britain fan! I can just imagine him gussied up as the sweet, innocent sister of Vicky Pollard atch-erly.
Monday I'm seeing The Story of the Go-Betweens.
Next Saturday I'm seeing All Wear Bowlers and The Tiger Lillies.
Then on Sunday I'm seeing Elvis Costello & Steve Neive.
And of course at work we're showing Tristan & Yseult, which is loads of fun, with a chorus of very silly love-spotters and a quirky band who play Joe Jackson, Nick Cave and Johnny Cash numbers.
I bloody love Festival time.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
* However Brutha had better not expect me to give any (future) daughter of mine the middle name Cameron. Although it wouldn't be a bad middle name for a girl...
** Let's face it - he's never going to give me a role in any of his productions, so why be nice?
No comments:
Post a Comment