
Bevis? My fellow TV addict? Did you watch this?
I know summer is usually shite for TV, therefore sometimes you can be tricked into thinking that crap stuff is good stuff and average stuff is brilliant stuff, but I have to say, this is one of the best things I've seen in years.
Instead of just churning out the usual cops'n'robbers/hustlers/cheating on your partner storyline that most dramas churn out, they spiced it up a bit with some brilliantly choreographed musical numbers using some cheesy pop/rock songs and cast it with some of the UK's finest and quirkiest looking actors.
Including this bloke:

So adorable.
And such a nice change to see normal looking people on TV instead of plastic American actors and the (mostly) plastic population of the train wreck that is Headland (although the lovely Stevie Rodgers is fully exempt from my dislike of this show - he's brilliant no matter what he's in).
Anyway, I'm going to miss my Wednesday night fix of David Tennant now that Blackpool is finished. Thank goodness the ABC has decided to show the third series of Teachers. Even if Andrew Clutterbuck has departed for South America.
3 comments:
Welcome back honey! You're safe here... we kick nasty people in the shins and spray mace in their eyes in this joint!
I love Jack & Karen... ooops I mean Will & Grace. But I'm not a fan of Will & Grace - they're boring. Karen is the bomb.
OK, I'll exempt Sam. I suppose I should exempt one or two others as well since they're mates. But only cos they're mates and I'm happy they're getting work!
xo
Hello "All The Best To You" and thank you for your compliments and wishes.
Now feck off and stop bothering me.
Hey M_M, I must admit to not having tuned in to Blackpool, sorry. You sound rabidly excited about it, though, so I too will look into it.
Cheers.
PS - Headland's a lost cause. One of my sister's friends plays a recurring character (I don't even know who because neither me nor my sister watch the show - but apparently she plays someone's mother, if that helps??), and the word from this actress herself is that it's gonna be axed 'cos no one's watching. Also, you forgot Home & Away, which is another series filmed in Sydders.
Post a Comment