Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Letter

Hi Ma,

Sorry I haven't called. Been busy. Flat out in fact.

What's that?

No, I haven't been partying. I wish. I've been working crazy hours.

Yeah, the boss is still in Noo Yawk. Beeyatch.

I said bee-yatch ma, not bitch.

OK, I said bitch that time. And that time. Sorry. I'll go wash my mouth out with soap.

So...

You know that audition I went for? The theatre company looking for a new ensemble member?

I told you about that. I did. I'm sure I did.

Anyway. I got it.

You could congratulate me you know.

What's that?

No, its not paid. Its a co-op.

Yes, I'll be keeping my job that pays me money. I'll just also be working a shitload of hours with the ensemble.

Whoops.

Sorry. Let me just go get that soap again.

Huh? No, I haven't heard anything about that ad I went for.

Yes, I know it would be a good ad to get. It pays a shi... a lot.

I said "A LOT".

Jesus.

No... that was Jesus. As in "HEY ZEUSS". You know, Spanish.

Can we just stop harping on about my gutter mouth and move on please? What's new with you?

You're going where?

But you just went there last year.

Right.

And then you're going where?

Wow.

You're determined to spend my inheritence aren't you? SKI-er*.

I'm kidding! Kid-ding.

Do what you like - its your money.

Hey, you do remember its my birthday on Tuesday though don't you?

Yes. The 20th.

I'm assuming the presents will arrive on the day?

Delayed? Oh. I guess I can wait.

You will call from wherever you are though, won't you?

WON'T YOU????

Hey Zeuss...

I gotta go eat.

No, I've not been eating right. But I'm starting tonight. Spicy pumpkin and cous cous salad. Yes, its very tasty. Or at least it will be.

OK - you go watch The Bill from Tuesday.

No, I didn't see it. I was preparing for my callback.

Me? What, after I've eaten? I'll be learning lines for the play reading I'm doing tomorrow night. Ulysses. James Joyce. Bastard of a thing to learn... no punctuation.

I'll just go get that soap.

Love ya.

Bye.



* Spending Kids Inheritence

No comments: