Friday, December 18, 2009

I ♥ Glee - Part 2


It has been documented before... I am a gleek. And proud. This show is right up my alley. Its like 90210 meets Dawson's Creek meets something politically incorrect. With songs. Daggy 80s pop songs. Big bellowing musical theatre songs. Heart rendering ballad-y songs. In short pretty much every song which is already on my iPod.

(I have of course, had to download all their versions though.)


There are so many reasons (aside from the musical numbers) to watch this show, but for my money, the main reasons are:




Matthew Morrison. Oh man. If my choir teacher in high school had looked like him I wouldn't have been able to sing a note. Sooooo hot. And very talented... what we call a 'triple threat' (singer/dancer/actor). Well he can triple threat me anytime he likes. *sigh*

His character is just gorgeous. And he has the cutest storyline with Emma, the mysophobic guidance counsellor - they're just so darn adorable together!




Jayma Mays, who plays the aforementioned Emma, is fantastic too. And her character has some cracker lines... my favourite so far being from the Acafellas episode...


They say it takes more certainty than talent to be a star... I mean look at John Stamos.


True. Sooooo hilariously true.


However, if we're going to discuss Glee characters with cracker lines (which I am, seeing as this is my blog), then this woman has to take the trophy.



Jane Lynch has always been one of those actresses who pops up in the most amazing films, yet up until I started watching Glee I would be struggling to remember her name. She is an absolute corker in this show. How can she not be with lines like:


You think this is hard? Try being waterboarded, that's hard!

Your resentment is delicious.

Well, I have a phoner in a couple of minutes. That's an interview. On the telephone. With a major media outlet. I'll probably do it on my iPhone.


You know caning has fallen out of fashion in the United States. But ask anyone who has safely walked the immaculate sidewalks of Singapore after winning an international cheerleading competition and they'll tell you one thing. Caning works. And I think its about time we did a little more of it right here. And to all those nay-sayers out there who say: "That's illegal. You can't strike children on their bare buttocks with razor sharp bamboo sticks." Well to them I say: "Yes. We. Cane." And that's how Sue 'C's it.

I'm reasonably confident that you will be adding revenge to the long list of things you're no good at, right next to being married, running a high school Glee Club and finding a hairstyle that doesn't make you look like a lesbian. Love ya like
a sista!

This is what we call a total disaster ladies. I'm going to have to ask you to smell your armpits.
[they do] That's the smell of failure and it's stinking up my office. I'm revoking your tanning privileges for the rest of the semester.

I hear people say, "That's not how I define marriage". Well, to them I say, "Love knows no bounds." Why can't people marry dogs? I'm certainly not advocating intimacy with your pets. I, for one, think intimacy is no place in marriage. Walked in on my parents once, and it was like seeing two walruses wrestling. So, WOOF! on Prop 15, Ohio. And that's how Sue 'C's it.

Let me break this down for you, okay? I empower my Cheerios to be champions. Do they go onto college? I don't know, I don't care. Should they learn Spanish? Sure, if they wanna become dishwashers and gardeners. But if they want to be bankers and lawyers and captains of industry, the most important lesson they could possibly learn is how to do a round off.

No way. They
[wheelchair ramps] are what I call lazy-makers. They discourage our able-bodied students from getting their proper exercise by using the stairs!

This character is one of the best on TV at present - male or female. And she's not just a one-dimensional evil character... we've seen her heart get broken and we've seen her obvious adoration and care for a sister with Down's Syndrome. There's a lot more to this character than meets the eye and Jane Lynch plays her perfectly.

And if her name is not read out as the winner of her category at the Golden Globes on 17 January, than there is something seriously wrong with the world.

No comments: