Good day, bad day. More good than bad though which is nice.
My Hawks lost to Brisbane by 41 points. We were with them in the first half - I was even getting hopeful - but yet again we were unable to sustain the momentum through the final quarter. If only Croad's kicking was straighter. Or Crawford wiped all that hair product off his hands before the game so the ball wouldn't slip through them quite so often. At least we're only second bottom.
This afternoon Flatmate B (who is a bit of a greenthumb and has a balcony of pots to prove it) decided to green up the downstairs area of our house and dragged me along to Bunnings. F*** I love that place. All those power tools. The smell of fertilizer mixed with timber. Aisle upon aisle of useless gadgets designed for the gullible DIY-er. And everything is so bloody cheap! I knew I had absolutely no reason to purchase anything from there but god it's fun wandering around! Of course not needing to buy anything didn't stop me from actually buying stuff...
So we bought a shiteload of plants (10 pots of pretty flowers for $20!), a bamboo screen to stop people from peering through the fence as they're walking past our house (if I'm home alone watching TV semi-naked I don't really appreciate people walking past and doing a double take), and my bargain buy, a mega variety pack of picture hooks for $3. Three dollars! Brilliant.
Then we came home and went nuts fixing and potting and digging and attaching. Anyone who's been to our house will not recognise the front patio when you next pop by. Flatmate B's boyfriend even went crazy and fixed the electrics so we have a working doorbell. Sweet.
I'm liking having heaps of greenery around me in the house. I curled up in the big red chair to read a book and instead of a bland wall there's a big yucca plant sitting next to me. Awesome. I just have to remember to water them. I should tattoo that on my hand... I'll probably forget.
Now before I go... big hugs to Lulu (currently touring a kid's show in the land of the long white cloud) who sms'd me last night to say she reads my blog... its not that I don't love ya Cotton but its nice to know you're not the only one who reads me.
That's about it for now.
xox
1 comment:
You're on a roll - I'm loving it. If only we'd held off the Lions from taking 7th place... sorry bout that.
Post a Comment