Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Things that go bump in the night

I'm going to let you in on a little secret.

I'm scared of needles. Terrified. I feel sick just thinking about them.

Hospitals in general make me anxious. Cancer clincs in particular make me break out in a cold sweat.

Tomorrow I have to face both of these fears. I'm booked into the skin cancer clinic at RPA to have a potential skin cancer taken off my chest. They're going to stick a big needle in me.

Every time I think about it I want to cry.

And none of my friends can come with me to hold my hand because they're all working.

Would it be really lame if I took Spanky* for comfort?




*For those of you not acquainted with him, Spanky is a toy monkey. And before you start cracking lame jokes, he was a good luck present from an old flatmate when I was auditioning for drama schools. I didn't choose the name... it was printed on his tag. Really.

No comments: