Thursday, October 13, 2005

Pop Quiz!

I love a quiz.


I stumbled across this one, courtesy of Susanne's blog. It all started with this:

What Retro Girl Are You?

Your Inner Retro Girl Is

1950s Pinup


Hmm. Interesting. I wouldn't necessarily have picked that one and I doubt anyone who knows me would have either.

But it was quite flattering all the same.

I decided to make my way down the list of quizzes on the left hand side of the page.


The next one was:

You Are Downtown


You're a funky spirit that requires freedom to live.
Your city girl persona needs adventure, diversity, and great pizza.




Yes I am, yes I do. Yes it does, spot on, however not entirely sure about the last one. I like pizza but I wouldn't die if I had to live without it.

But it was closer to me than the 1950's pinup, so I was encouraged.

Third one was this little gem:

Your Celebrity Style Twin is Nicole Richie

The perfect blend of uptown and downtown.


Yeah. Cos I'm a vapid, anorexic bimbo who spends most of my time spending my adoptive father's hard earned cash and having bitch fights with Paris and Lindsay.

I was starting to doubt the validity of this quiz site.


Until it got good again with this one:


You Are Low Rise Jeans


You are both sexy and casual - the type of girl who looks hot without really trying. You tend to spark imagination, only showing a peek of your skin.




Better.

But then the sinking feeling I got with the Nicole Ritchie one came rushing back with this one:



Your Reputation Is: Sweet Girl


While you're well known, there's nothing to worry about.
You're reputation is mostly good - as good as any rep can be.



Sure. Uh-huh. Me. Sweet.

I think there's a bunch of people out there in the world who would vehemently disagree with you on that one. Sassy - yes. Cynical - absolutely. Smart mouthed - my middle name. But not sweet. Ewwwwwwww.

I was getting a bit jack of all this hit and miss. Was there a quiz amongst the bunch which would really capture the essence of me?

I was doubtful.

Then I stumbled across the final two. Gold. Pure, solid, shining gold.

Firstly:



Your Life is Like


Better Off Dead...





Excellent.

This is my favourite John Cusack movie of all time. Well, tied with
One Crazy Summer. I'm suspecting a lot of you have never heard of either of them, let alone seen them.

Remedy that immediately. They are classics. Both written and directed by
Savage Steve Holland. Yes, that is his name. Talented man.

Unfortunately, they're both incredibly difficult to find in the video store. I own a copy of One Crazy Summer on VHS though.
Better Off Dead is one of those movies which has been on my Christmas DVD list for years but has yet to be found.

I'm somewhat concerned, albiet secretly stoked, that my life is like Better Off Dead though. There aren't any sadistic paperboys in my neighbourhood that I know of and my mum can cook. She does try and make us all wear ridiculous reindeer ears at Christmas time though...

However the final quiz is the one that really sold it for me. I laughed for about a minute when I saw it, especially as I didn't choose the obvious question which would have linked me to it.

This is me. This is true. My mum will vouch for the number of posters of this person on my bedroom walls, back before any of my friends even knew who he was.

Can you guess?


Your 80s Heartthrob Is
Jason Bateman



Brilliant.

I loved him then, I love him now. As you may have noticed in a
past post.

And doesn't he look cute in that fair isle sweater...


Yep. I love a quiz.


7 comments:

magical_m said...

Noooooo!!!

Was that John Stamos from the Blackie in General Hospital days (ie cute John) or John Stamos from the Uncle Jessie in Full House days (his personal "jumping the shark" moment).

I thought I might get stuck with Kirk Cameron.

Who apparently is a born-again with ten kids.

elaine said...

Think yourself lucky. I got BILL GATES.

(also '80's girl next door, downtown girl, nicole richie and no pocket jeans)

No pocket jeans, Bill Gates, it can't be true.

*runs off to cry in a corner*

magical_m said...

Locket!!!! I've missed you too!Welcome back honey!

*does the hurrah locket's back dance*

Elaine - you got Bill Gates???? What the f***??? Since when was he an 80s heart-throb?

I thought the worst to turn up would be Willie Aames or maybe the chunky dude from 21 Jump Street.

But Bill Gates???

My condolonces.

Susanne said...

Hey magical_m, thanks for linking me and for the comment. :) I dig your favourite movies, especially Sin City and Pretty in Pink.

I'm adding you as as a favourite too, so expect me to check in here from time to time.

Cheers,

Susanne

magical_m said...

excellent - i love visitors!

kranki said...

So I all I need to have your love is to be a visitor? Cool.

I'm going to take the quiz and I hopit says River Phoenix or Johnny Depp not Corey Feldman or Peter Deluise. I don't think I could handle that in my current emotionally fragile state.

You are a Sydney person and you came to my Los Angeles and didn't make plans to visit me.

Oh and I thought you might like to know that my friend is a writer on Arrested Development so if you want any hair from Jason Bateman's brush let me know.

magical_m said...

Welcome Kranki!

Tell your friend the writer that he/she is a GENIUS. Genius. I don't understand why more people don't watch that show!

Yesterday my flatmate gave me a 'Free Annyong' t-shirt she'd bought me over the internet. I wore it grocery shopping and got lots of funny looks.

Oh and when I was last in LA was ten years ago. But I'm sorry I didn't visit you.