Thursday, November 03, 2005

I have a new theory

This actually occurred to me some time ago*, but I just thought about it again tonight having been stuck in a queue in Woolies for 25 minutes**.

I don't know about you, but I'm constantly amazed at the likes of Britney, Heidi, Posh, Gwyneth, et al, who become pregnant, have big swelling bellies for nine months and yet suddenly two weeks after giving birth are photographed with completely flat stomachs (concave even), shown off in tiny tops.

My theory is that they've latched on to a new form of plastic surgery.

Caesar-lipo.

You have two doctors in the delivery room. The OB/Gyn delivers the baby by caesarian section and then the plastic surgeon steps in and liposuctions out all the excess fat, leaving you looking your former trim, taut and terrific self.

At this stage I think its mainly attracting celebs, but you never know. It may take off amongst the rest of the world. Like the Atkins diet or Scientology.

Nothing would surprise me anymore.







* I was sitting in the doctor's surgery waiting for my stiches to be taken out. She was running late so I must have read at least 10 NW/New Idea/Who/Woman's Day magazines.

** Of course when stuck in a queue at the supermarket there is nothing else to do except read trashy mags.

1 comment:

Melba said...

i agree, even britney, who did stack it on, is looking pretty ok.

and magical_m, i don't need to have the excuse of doctor's surgery or supermarket queue to get sucked in. i buy the bloody things!! but i limit myself to the one. the worst one.