Just because you choose to spend it alone doesn't mean you'll enjoy every second of it. It was nice to do once, but I don't think I'll do it again.
You can never escape family dramas. Brutha was rushed to hospital on Christmas Eve, which caused a raft of phone calls around the family and a lot of stress. Timing bro. Still, at least you're ok for the moment and didn't have to undergo surgery today. But please, start taking better care of yourself. Its bad enough having Christmas without the Pater... I don't think the Mater could cope if anything happened to you.
The people you think care for you the most don't always show it. I'm still waiting for the calls I made this morning to my two besties to be returned. It especially digs in and twists around when you know they know you're spending the day all alone. I'll admit that a small self-pitying tear was shed a little while ago when I realised that the likelihood of either one of them calling me today is fading fast.
Spending today alone has made me realise how lucky my two besties are to have partners and how much I envy them that.
People you haven't had contact with in ages will often surprise you with festive phone calls and text messages.
Its quite nice to serve your Christmas dinner when you feel like it and not when someone else dictates it should be served.
I suffer from over-catering syndrome. If anyone is in need of a Christmas dinner come over... I have a ridiculous amount of turkey, ham, roast potatoes, parsnips and pumpkin, cauliflower cheese, candied yams, zucchini and tomato bake, carrots, beans and gravy left over. Seriously. I think I was born to cook for a crowd.
Not only do they show Carols by Candlelight on Christmas Eve but they also repeat it on Christmas Day. I never knew this. There's only so much you can take of Ray and the Australian Idols, surely.
Christmas Day TV is shite, unless you're religious or a child. But you can always rely on Parky. Even if it is a repeat.
I think The Queen has had botox. Think about it. She has no expression on her face. Only her mouth moves. Its either botox or she's a puppet and someone is working the strings.
I think I'm due for a White Christmas again in 2006. I really miss snow.
I'm going off to gorge myself on Christmas choccies and champagne whilst watching a soppy movie. Hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas!
xox
3 comments:
Merry Christmas m!
I was surprised by a couple of text messages from people too.
I made passionfruit yo-yos for people. They went down well and I had fun making them. They were made from a very easy recipe I found on Campion and Curtis:
http://www.campionandcurtis.com/recipes.html#Biscuits%20and%20slices
Since they were about the only thing I 'baked' this year, I thought they were pretty good. :)
happy belated christmas, beautiful girl.
I've done a few christmases alone and the first one is always the hardest.
Post a Comment